Sunday, April 3, 2016

On a positive note

Well, on a positive note, I finally heard from dad yesterday! He is in a different facility this go around and as long as he is in receiving he can only call 2 times a month or it said 60 minutes on his card. I guess they didn't allow him full time last month because he wasn't there a full 30 days. Anyway he's going to try to just make 10 minute calls to see if he can call more often. We will see how that goes, but at least I know he is ok and that nothing was wrong. As soon as I saw the number it was like a huge weight had been lifted and I thanked God that it was finally him. I had written him a letter telling him he has got to realize that he needs God. That God is his Savior everyday, not just when he is locked up. He told me he had been praying a lot and that he has been studying and reading. I have heard this before, but unlike anyone else, I believe him. I always do and usually end up disappointed, BUT if I don't believe in him then who will?? He has to have a positive support system or the chances that he stays clean and on track are slim to none. Why put myself in that position? Why keep giving him chance after chance?? I believe that is what God wants me to do. Do I have it all together and know what I am doing? Not all the time. But I try and that is all God wants any of us to do. He knows we are going to stumble and fall, but that is why He died for us. I'm not letting people take advantage of me, I am full aware that they may stab me in the back, but God is looking to see if I am learning along the way and letting Him lead. I know what my dad can become if he just lets God in. God's promises are for everyone who believes in Him not just the ones who think they deserve it more. God loves my dad AS IS. He is just waiting for him to be ALL IN so He can finish the good work He has chosen for him. We were all at one time or another displeasing to God, just because you are a believer now, doesn't mean He loves you more than before. He died for us knowing we had our backs turned to Him, but He knew we needed someone to depend on. Life is hard, people are horrible at times, and our emotions get the best of us. He knows that. He was tested and tried by all, so He stood up when no one else would. This was the verse I picked 3 years ago to hold onto..
 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. I will always hold out Hope that the people I love will see what God has planned for them. 
I will always keep HOPE. That is who I am. Some may look at me and think I am a fool, but I am the one who will have to answer for how I treat another human being. And I will always hold out hope that ALL my loved ones will be in Heaven with me one day. 
I was asked if I knew my Blog was public.. Insinuating that maybe it shouldn't be. My thought on that is that I am an open book. If you can learn something from me, by all means! I also want people to know that just because someone goes to church, doesn't mean they have it all together. If anything the devil will hit a believer harder than anyone else because he wants you to turn your back on God like before. So, I am a mess at times, but I believe in God and know because of Him I have eternal life with Him waiting in Heaven for me. Until then I am going to mess up, try my best to learn from it, and probably mess up on the same problem again. That's life. We mess up, and it is ok to do so! 













No comments:

Post a Comment